PUERTO QUEPOS, COSTA RICA – MAY 4TH



According to our 2016 World Cruise blog, we never got off the ship at this port.  Fast forward to 2019.  Our port lecturer, Deb, said there was a marina when we got off the tender but the small town was about a 15-20 minute walk.  The moment I stepped out onto our balcony in the morning, I knew I’d never make it.  I decided on a repeat performance from 2016 and sent Michael on the tender to purchase a magnet, wooden box and coffee.

I made sure he had everything on our checklist when we go ashore:  cruise card, identification, camera, mints, $$$, glasses, eyedrops, comb/Kleenex, power bar, visor, water, phone and Princess Patter (which gives the port agent’s number in case of an emergency) and off he went in search of treasure.

I stayed onboard working on this blog, determined to have it completed by the time we reach Los Angeles.  He arrived a couple of hours later with the BEST magnet, BEST wooden box (a one-of-a-kind he told me) and GREAT coffee!  



I have nothing else to say except that I’m very grateful for a wonderful husband, who can bear the heat and humidity, and will go to great lengths to keep the little woman happy.  As he lovingly tells just about everyone, “When the little lady is happy, everybody’s happy!”  He’s the best.

Before dinner, off our balcony, a small boat came by carrying several people who were taking photos of the ship.  Cruise ships are very amazing to people around the world.  I remember seeing the wide-eyed look in the eyes of a couple from South Africa when I told them this was a small ship and carried around only 600 or so passengers.  Even the young people we met attending the wedding at Shamwari Game Reserve were shocked to hear that our ship was the smallest in the fleet.  



Later that evening, our fellow passenger at the next table said I was missed ashore because the ladies were following Michael around.  Michael jokingly scolded Shirley and said, “You’re going to get me in trouble.” 

MICHAEL’S OBSERVATIONS:  As I boarded the tender, I immediately felt the humidity; a check of my weather app told me it was at 86 with a temperature of 88 degrees.  Definitely, not Leona territory. 





There is a beautiful marina with shops which were by the tender landing.  


  •  




I opted to bypass those and headed straight into town.  The walk in was interesting because there is only a part of a sidewalk and many parts missing.  In 15 minutes, I was in the town, which is rather small, and within the hour I was able to navigate around it twice.  It was a mix of tourist shops, bars, and appliance stores.  The appliance store sold everything from microwaves to motorcycles.  Amazing.  And like any decent town, it had a pizza place which delivered.  I purchased our coffee, our magnet and the wooden box in three different shops after I had toured the small town. 

 
Ambulance








  

The 848,900 CRC motorcycle cost $1,433.85 US




When I got back, I was soaking wet from the humidity (a rarity for me), and glad to be back on the ship. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CRUISING ON THE PACIFIC

AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND – February 12th

FIVE DAYS TO GO